VDV ROYAL TRANS INC is a motor carrier based on professionalism, responsibility and dedication. Safety future is you – The Driver. We work hard to maintain our safety score and do not have cargo and liability claims. Arranging safety training for our drivers is one of the company policy. All drivers are skill tested to verify they can operate the truck in a safe manner. An instructor rides with every new hire until he is satisfied the new driver operates the truck in accordance to all safety rules. Each driver plays a critical factor into the overall safety of a vehicle. Our goal is to do on time delivery with no injure to society and property.
We encourage drivers to be constantly vigilant to the road and take safety rules seriously.
- Maintain your vehicle – Make sure that pre-trip safety inspections are completed particularly for tires and brakes. Your life depends on them.
- Never drive distracted – Texting is among the worst driving distractions. The odds of being involved in a crash, near-crash, or unintentional lane deviation are 23.2 times greater for truck who are texting while driving.
- Stay sharp – Get enough rest; don’t drive when you’re fatigued, too ill to focus, or on medications.
- Buckle up – Use your safety belt every time. Safety belts save lives, reduce injuries, and allow drivers to stay inside and in control of their vehicles in case of a crash.
- Cargo securement load – Make sure you have enough (securement) straps for the weight of the load. Use 1 tie down if your load is shorter than 5 feet and less than 1,100 pounds. Use a minimum of 4 tie-downs if your cargo if your load is heavier tha 10,000 pounds.
- Inspection, repair and maintenance –every driver shall systematically inspect, repair, and maintain the truck. Parts and accessories must be in safe and proper condition at all times.
- Tools and equipment – Maintain for your tools as you use them for work.
- Driver vehicle inspection report- every driver shall prepare a report in writing at the completion of each day’s work on each vehicle operated. The report shall cover: